Transform conflict into a connected, collaborative, co-creative experience
Does seeing or hearing the word “CONFLICT” make you feel queasy? Then let’s shift that.
Many people wish they could simply avoid conflict. When it’s “off,” conflict can make you feel overpowered, unprepared, and intimidated. You probably equate conflict with emotional overload, power struggles and frustration.
Perhaps you assume you need to “buck up,” develop a thick skin, act like you’re tough and angry, and “stop being so sensitive”. My friend, that’s simply not true.
The truth is, in the face of conflict, if you have an advantage when you are sensitive: You can readily get in touch with your emotions. No, that’s not a weakness! Your emotional intelligence — when mindfully attuned — makes you more masterful at navigating conflict.
I’ve created a day where you’ll learn and practice these conflict-transforming skills. We’ll create a nurturing environment that fosters your best self to emerge. Together with other smart, thoughtful individuals, you’ll be supported in shifting conflict into a more connected, collaborative, co-creative experience.
In The Conflict Shift workshop, you will:
- Shift your perspective on conflict – become much less likely to avoid it, and more eager to embrace it (yep – you’ll say “bring it on”!)
- Move from the “gotcha!” uber-masculine, yang-oriented perspective of “power over” to the “I get you!” feminine, yin-oriented perspective of “power with” that’s more balanced, respectful, and co-creative
- Learn your conflict personality type, and create your personalized prescription of practices for boosting your inner resources to stand strong and flexible in conflict
- Get clear about your power-leaking beliefs and behaviors — and practice new ways to stand up for yourself (and for women, without having to feel like a b*tch)
- Escape from feeling overpowered in conflict, and find your quick path to feeling uplifted instead
- Learn fast-acting tools to transform your emotions during conflict, so you remain centered, think clearly, and stay in connection
- Identify new ways to communicate feelings of frustration during conflict, so you can move past it and into positive resolution
- Build your book of strategies so you stay powerful, even when you’re caught off-guard by attacks or unforeseen conflicts
- Develop a repertoire of what to say in conflicts to stay connected, collaborative, and co-creative
This workshop is fun and affirming, with lots of experiential practice, support, and compassion.
This workshop is for you if…
- You’re in your late 20s to late 40s and you sometimes have a sticky, icky relationship with conflict
- You’d love to step up in your life, including into a leadership role of any kind (including self leadership)
- You’re at least a little bit emotionally sensitive (or perhaps very sensitive…that’s fine and welcome)
- You’re willing to be brave, self-reflective, and supportive of the other participants who attend
This workshop is not a good fit for you if…
- You want to whine and complain about how you don’t have power, and you’re unwilling to shift that
- You want to stay entrenched in your positions and hold on to your ego, and you’re more interested in being right than being in relationship
- You’re afraid to look into yourself
- A full day of interactive, experiential learning and practice in dealing with conflict, so you’re more empowered
- Your personal Conflict Profile and Map to Conflict Confidence
- The Conflict Shift Workbook, full of the tools and scripts you’ll learn in the workshop, so you can use them again and again
- Group Tune Up: A follow up call after the workshop for all participants, so you can practice what you learn and tune up your skills
Your Workshop Leader: Susan Bernstein, MBA, PhD
I’ve helped hundreds of professionals to transform their perspective about conflict, and feel empowered, rather than overpowered. I bring you my keen understanding of the traditional expectations of leaders – gleaned from working in executive development roles at Franklin-Covey, Intel, and Accenture. I also share psychological insights into the inner and outer conflicts that hold people back from stepping into leadership. You get the benefit of my pioneering research into the role of embodied awareness and mindfulness in accessing authentic power from within. My mission: To get smart, emerging leaders in touch with their authentic sense of vision, direction, influence, and confidence, so they can make a big difference with their mission and message.
Set up a Conflict Shift workshop for your organization
Call us at The Sensational Shift at (415) 508-8250 or email us at Info@SensationalShift.com